1. Who We Are
Emirates Telecommunications Group Company P.J.S.C (“Etisalat”) is the data controller of your Personal Data. We decide how and why your personal data is processed, either alone or jointly with others, through your use of the Platform.
Data Protection Officer (DPO): means any natural or legal person appointed by the Controller or Processor to undertake the responsibilities of ascertaining the compliance of his/her entity with the controls, conditions, procedures and rules for Processing and protecting Personal Data stipulated herein, and ascertaining the integrity of its systems and procedures in order to ensure compliance with the provisions hereof.
Personal Data: means any information of any form related to an identifiable individual, or an identified natural person, or one who can be identified directly or indirectly by way of linking data, using identifiers such as name, voice, picture, identification number, online identifier, geographic location, or one or more special features that express the physical, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of such person. It also includes Sensitive Personal Data and Biometric Data.
Process and Processing: means any operation or set of operations, which is performed on Personal Data using any electronic means, including Processing and other means. This process includes collection, storage, recording, organization, adaptation, alteration, circulation, modification, retrieval, exchange, sharing, use, or classification or disclosure of Personal Data by transmission, dissemination or distribution, or otherwise making it available, or aligning, combining, restricting, blocking, erasing or destroying Personal Data or creating models therefor.
3. Data We Collect from You and How We Use It
We process different categories of personal data to enable us to provide services to you, which we have grouped together below:
- Contact Data: Includes but is not limited to address, email address and telephone number.
- Identification data: Includes but is not limited to your name, title, date of birth, age, gender, country of residence and photo.
- Profile Data: includes your username and profile, your service preferences and any reviews you may have submitted;
- Web Data: Includes but is not limited to cookies, user activity logs, IP address and Platform visitor interaction data.
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties (i.e., any external partners) and your preferences when receiving communications.
- Device contacts book: to enable you to communicate with friends, we may, with your permission, collect information from your device’s contacts’ book.
- Camera and Photos: some of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos, including where you share these with friends.
- Location: We collect information about your approximate location, including location information based on your SIM card and/or IP address. With your permission, we may also collect precise location data (such as GPS).